Thursday, December 11, 2008

Golden Globe Nods are out

Click here for the official list

Commentary to come...stay tuned and/or add your comments below! :-)

But quickly - ONE nomination for MILK? And it qualifies to me as a SURPRISE that James Franco would be nominated not for MILK but for PINEAPPLE EXPRESS??

UPDATE: I have to say that it's a really weird irony that when I'm not angry about the nominations I'm a wee bit bored with them. So I'm going to be mad about MILK not getting more attention. I think that my predicts are holding up, SUPP ACTRESS excepted (although I still stand by that - I still think Winger may be the surprise of the season). Rather than rehash work that's been done well I will refer you to the EW commentary on the nods as I agree with their assessment with one major caveat: I think Streep will win in Comedy for MAMMA MIA canceling her out of the race for DOUBT and then Hathaway will waltz away with Actress and Winslet will rack up another "SHOULD have won."

No comments: